Executive Director- Wind Youth Services
- Goodwill Industries Sacramento Valley & Northern Nevada Inc
- Location: Sacramento, California
- Category: Nonprofit-Senior/Executive Management Philanthropy-Administrative-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 06/07/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Executive Director- Wind Youth Services
Full Job Description
Under the direction of the Vice President of Partnerships and Program Operations, the Executive Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Wind Youth Services. The position is charged with building, strengthening and expanding Wind Youth Service’s profile within the community and with elected officials, funders and supporters. The Executive Director will provide inspired leadership, which includes making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures. This is a full-time, exempt salaried position eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; Flexible Time Off. This position is employed by Goodwill Industries of Sacramento Valley and Northern Nevada, Inc., through Wind Youth Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote the organization within the communities it serves and maintain a visible role as a bridge between the homeless services community and the public and private sector.
- Ensure fiscal integrity for the organization, including but not limited to the development and administration of an annual budget and coordinating grants and expenditures to ensure maximum use of funding.
- Assist with development and implementation of strategic plans for the organization relative to financial management; monitor and assess programs relative to budget planning, grants, contracts, purchasing, accounts payable/receivable and develop/implement changes as appropriate.
- Identify appropriate financial development opportunities, including new contracts, grants, donations, corporate sponsorships, etc. Provide analysis of development opportunities so that decisions can be determined as to the viability of pursuing such prospects.
- Ensure partner agency and community satisfaction with services provided by the organization.
- Advocate for the organization and collaborates with other agencies that affect the organization’s mission.
- Represent the organization in a professional manner by serving as a public spokesperson when necessary, including at media and fundraising events, governmental hearings, etc.
- Maintain strong relationships and on-going support with a diverse Board of Directors. Assist with the identification and development of new board members and key civic volunteers to leverage the strategies of the organization.
- Develop internal resources for the organization. Implement and strengthen systems and procedures to enhance and sustain its operations.
- Establish, implement and administer policies and procedures for organization-specific functions for final approval by the Executive Office.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the programs and services.
- Ensure data is collected and reported monthly to the Board of Directors.
- Develop an annual training plan for staff to ensure professional growth.
- Create a strategic plan to to assist in the development, coordination and implemention of the organizational best practices with the goal of driving a culture of continuous excellence and service improvement.
- Ensure that all funding requirements and reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Attend the workplace regularly, report to work punctually and follow a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all Goodwill Industries Sacramento Valley Northern Nevada policies, CARF standards, financial, regulatory, safety and security regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Basic Qualifications of the Role:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Experience working with diverse communities and transitional populations.
- Availability on short notice for response in the event of an unforeseen emergency or disaster.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
- Strong sense of prioritization and execution against critical deliverables.
- Previous non-profit management experience.
- Experience and understanding of harm reduction frameworks and how they apply to direct service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to react under pressure, use good judgement in ambiguous situations, be proactive in problem resolution, and be flexible/adaptable.
- Demonstrated efficient and effective time management skills.
- Must have access to reliable transportation that does not interfere with performing the essential functions of the job description, cause tardiness, or unexcused absences.
- Must provide proof of identification and eligibility to work in the United States.
- Must pass a drug screening and maintain compliance with the organization’s drug and alcohol policy.
- Must have a background screening and maintain compliance with the organization’s associated polices.
- Must not have record or disclosure of criminal conviction that indicates an ongoing tendency toward theft, violence, dishonesty, deceit, drug manufacture or sale, moral turpitude, or predatory behavior.
- Must not present a direct threat of safety and health to self, others or property. Must be able to perform essential functions of this job description with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Director of Programs and Operations
- Drop-In Center Program Manager
- Shelter Program Manager
- Housing Program Manager
- Executive Administrative Assistant
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to drive, stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Work environment is usually hectic/fast-paced with frequent short deadlines and instances of unusual situations. Travel to various company locations may be required.
This job description does not cover all the activities, duties or responsibilities required of this role. Omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or related to the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice to accommodate the needs of the organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Please mention you saw this ad on DiversityinNonprofit.com